There are many pathologies that prevent the development of multiple activities, both sports and daily, due to the pain they cause, but these injuries, as in the case of epicondylitis, are treated with Physiotherapy in Dwarka and tend to evolve very positively. In order to talk about the physiotherapy of epicondylitis, it is important to define what this lesion is, therefore, before mentioning the treatments for this pathology, it is worth exploring what epicondylitis is and, later, what Physiotherapy can provide.
Physiotherapy and epicondylitis, what is epicondylitis?
Epicondylitis is also known as tennis elbow; it is an injury or inflammation of the epicondylar tendons that occurs on the outside of the elbow specifically on the outside of the elbow and one of its main symptoms and for which mainly the patients is localized pain in this area.
This pain is usually manifested when performing movements that mainly involve the extensors of the hand, the cause is usually an impact on the area or previous repetitive movements that compromise this area of the arm, or also by forced extension and rotation wrist or when the arm is subjected to supination repeatedly or with heavy loads, that is, supination is a rotational movement that is done with the arm and involves the elbow. These movements can generate small fibrillar micro tears, although they will mainly affect the tendon.
Symptoms of epicondylitis
- Pain on the outside of the elbow
- Inability to perform some movements such as wrist extension
- Pressure pain in the injury area
- Pain when lifting the arm, or lifting a simple item such as a glass or bottle
Epicondylitis treatment through physical therapy
Although there are several types of treatments such as doctors or pharmacists, there are other types of treatments that are less invasive and provide a long-term solution that constitute the treatment of physical therapy in epicondylitis.
Keep in mind that this type of injury must be managed by experts in the field, in this case a Physiotherapist in Dwarka who will assess what your elbow needs and, in some cases, will extend the treatment to the entire area of the arm and forearm to relax. the entire territory and obtain a faster and more efficient improvement.
This type of treatment consists of reducing inflammation and pain in the elbow through the application of various Physiotherapy techniques. When the pain decreases, exercises will be performed to strengthen this part of the body to avoid repetitions of the injury in the future. The epicondylitis physiotherapy in Janakpuri uses various means to improve the development and resolution of inflammation and pain. Here is one of the treatments:
- Anti-inflammatories: It is a medical treatment, but it should be taken into account (and that is why we include it here) because some patients leave the medical treatment when they start physical therapy, it is necessary to emphasize that they are complementary treatment and that they will have more effect acting at the same time as separately. In some extreme cases, the doctor may perform an infiltration, but it would be preferable before this to have exhausted the possibilities offered by physical therapy.
- Capacitive and resistive diathermy. It is the most powerful technique, applying capacitive Diathermy on the muscles that pull the tendon will achieve a relaxation effect that will improve the expectations of a good evolution and using Resistive Diathermy on the tendon will directly achieve a powerful anti-inflammatory and calming effect.
- Cryotherapy: this is another treatment that consists of applying cold in various ways: cold compresses, ice, etc. Cold physiotherapy always seeks to reduce inflammation and pain on the affected muscles and on the tendon. It should be borne in mind that this procedure is mainly used at times when the pain becomes acute.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound treatment is one of the most effective treatments for epicondylitis, it will improve mobility and pain.
- TENS: this device uses electrodes for its operation that allows pain to work. By means of a special type of current it can achieve very powerful pain-relieving effects and at low frequencies it also manages to improve local circulation and therefore decrease inflammation.
- Exercises: Once our patient has recovered, we must teach him the exercises that allow an increase in resistance and strength in the affected musculature, without forgetting the exercises of flexibility, all these Physiotherapy treatments in Dwarka will achieve a progressive improvement and will avoid possible relapses.