Scoliosis, Symptoms And Scoliosis Treatment in Dwarka, Delhi
Scoliosis is the curvature of the spine, which occurs in the form of “S” or “C”. Early scoliosis treatment in Dwarka is advisable to prevent the further curvature of the spine.
Scoliosis can be:
- Congenital: caused by vertebral abnormalities present at birth
- Idiopathic: the unknown cause, sub-classified in turn as infantile, juvenile, adolescent or adult according to the start date occurred.
- Neuronal: having developed as a secondary symptom of another spina bifida disease, cerebral palsy, spinal muscular atrophy or physical trauma.
You can also differentiate between:
- Structural: The curvature of the spine is permanent. The cause of this problem can be a stroke, a disease or a defect from birth.
- Non-structural: when the curvature is only temporary and the column has its normal structure. The specialist tries to correct it.
Scoliosis or abnormal curvature of the spine affects approximately 3% of the population. Mild cases may not affect daily life. But severe cases can be painful and limit normal activity.
Causes of Scoliosis
We can talk about genetic inheritance, neuromuscular problems and unequal length of limbs, congenital spinal deformities (present at birth, whether they are inherited or caused by the environment)
Other causes for scoliosis include cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy, and tumors. The vast majority of cases of scoliosis have no known cause.
According to the best physiotherapist in Dwarka, the symptoms vary. We can make a list of possible common patterns in the vast majority of affected patients:
- Uneven waist
- Support of the whole body on one side
- The appearance of the high hip, prominent
- Head not centered directly on the pelvis
- Thoracic boxes at different heights
- Shoulders at different heights, one shoulder blade more prominent than the other
- Changes in the appearance or texture of the skin lining the spine
- Costal prominence when crouching
Typically, scoliosis appears at ages ranging from 10 to 12 years of age. Affected children do not usually have pain. Apart from the altered body postures, it is normal that the patient does not show symptoms until he reaches 30 years of age. With this age begin to manifest discomfort in the deviated area, usually produced by staying for a long time sitting or standing.
Due to the permanent deviation of the spine, it begins to wear out (degeneration) so that the discomfort associated with scoliosis increases with time. If it is not treated properly, as the patient’s age progresses, severe symptoms are caused by the permanent shortening of the torso, which can trigger a decrease in the functions of the heart and lungs.
Scoliosis Treatment in Dwarka, Delhi
In cases of idiopathic scoliosis, no treatment is needed, but regular follow-up by a professional physiotherapist in Dwarka.
When the patient is still growing, an orthopedic brace & physiotherapy in Dwarka is recommended. The corset prevents a greater curvature. There are many types and the medical professional, as well as the advice of the orthopaedic in West Delhi, will recommend the one that best suits your needs based on the curvature as well as the location of the same and the growth phase of the patient.
The corsets for the back work best in people over 10 years old and do not work for those with congenital or neuromuscular scoliosis.
How to prevent scoliosis?
Scoliosis usually appears after 10 years of age, even in adolescence, which is when growth is faster. It is very important to keep in mind that once you come of age, it is more complicated to prevent it because your back is formed.
Here are some tips to find out if your child can suffer from scoliosis:
- Observe the alignment of the vertebrae: try to make your child when he is naked, bend down and reach with his hands to touch the ground. In that position, the vertebrae are visible under the skin and you can see if they are aligned or form some kind of curve.
- Observe the possible dysmetria in the legs or hips: This factor can be the main cause of the deviation of the spine. It is produced to compensate the imbalance and the head can be straight.
- Maintain proper postures: That your child has a good body posture when sitting helps to prevent this disease. The practice of sports such as swimming is one of the best remedies for scoliosis.
Practice activities that strengthen the muscles of the back as well as improve posture: swimming, yoga, pilates, … and follow the guidance given for Scoliosis Treatment in Dwarka.